Monday, August 18, 2008

tuesmorrow

so, what's hitting stores that you can buy tomorrow and be cooler than all your friends?

i don't know! let's find out!

MUSIC
*Men Without Pants - Naturally.  it's the latest Dan the Automator project!  He teams up with Blues Explosion drummer Russell Simins.  dig it.
*Lykke Li - Youth Novels.  is this the first time this album has been available in the states?  I could be wrong but I think so.  Too tired to look it up.
*Brainiac - Hissing Prigs in Static Couture.  vinyl reissue of this CLASSIC AWESOME ALBUM that YOU NEED TO HEAR IF YOU HAVE NOT BEFORE.
*Brian Wilson - That Lucky Old Sun.  I LOVE that this is out on vinyl this week and not coming out on CD for a couple more weeks.  Suck it, non-vinyl-enthusiasts!
*Dandy Warhols - Earth to the Dandy Warhols.  I hope you got the free remix ep thing at your local record store!
*Don Caballero - Punkgasm.  They are still good, aren't they?  Even though Battles is better?  Don Cab bring something to the table still, don't they?  somebody tell me!
*GZA - Pro Tools
*Ice Cube - Raw Footage.  on Amazon people are saying it's "terrible" so yeah, don't bother I guess.  I dunno, I'm not gonna bother.
*Jim O'Rourke - Long Night.  2 1/2 hours of electric drone work!  can you handle it?  can you EVEN handle it?  He produced this back in 1990 but this is its first release.  I don't know if i can even handle it, to tell you the truth.
*Shwayze - Shwayze.  ha ha.  i TOTALLY met him at sxsw last year.  sorta.  filmed an interview with him, met him, same thing.
*George Jones -  Burn Your Playhouse Down: The Unreleased Duets.  nice.  nothin' like a classic country duet.
*The Walkmen - You & Me.  Pitchfork is way into this album.
*Lagwagon - I Think My Older Brother Used To Listen To Lagwagon. EP.  best title of the year.
*The Uglysuit - The Uglysuit. quarterstick!

damn. that's a lot of stuff this week.  did i miss anything in my hunt?


DVD
*House season 4
*Dexter season 2
*Twenty-Four Eyes
*The Small Back Room
*Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day

good stuff.  

No comments: