Monday, March 10, 2008

tuesday tomorry

maybe i'll just start calling it tuesday tomorry.

tuesday march 11.  that's 311!

AUDIO
*Presidents of the United States of America - These Are The Good Times People - people kinda forgot about them after the first album, but they really haven't put out a bad album.  The last one had a couple lame songs but also some fantastic pop tunes that just make you feel good.

*Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - Eleventh Hour - Super stoked on this one.  lots of people are.  I might just have to get it despite not having any cash flow.  I've heard "Bubble Pop" and despite its kinda silly hook, it's a joy to listen to.  of course, this is all just something to help tide us over for that Deltron album, whenever that's coming.  Starting to look like 2009, I'd guess?

*Why? - Alopecia - A case of an opening band that impressed me and converted me.  Doesn't happen often to me.  But they opened for Yo La Tengo in '06 or so, and I quite dug them.  Seems they've re-emerged on general blogger consciousness for their Cure cover, but this album doesn't have it.  I still recommend it.  Something for the birthday wish list or to note for later when I have money.

*Junkie XL - Booming Back at You - sweet.

*The Mighty Underdogs - The Prelude EP - it is available in stores now, but you coulda gotten it from giftstribution.com long ago, like I did!  anyway, this is a hip hop supergroup consisting of Gift of Gab, Lateef, and Headnodic.  Very good.  Looking forward to the full length.

*Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit (10th Anniversary Edition) - shoulda pre-ordered it.  Still, if you want it, you should get it from asianmanrecords.com because it'll be much cheaper than anywhere else.  this album holds a special place in my heart.  this is a remastered version and it includes a DVD with a 2 hour documentary about the band with interviews with all the major players.  I want this.

VISUAL
*No Country For Old Men - I'm surprised this is already out on DVD.  Probably coulda milked the theater market a little more with all the oscars.  The only thing is, it seems to be a pretty bare-bones DVD so there will probably be a better one out later on.

*Georges Melies: First Wizard of Cinema (1896-1913) - This dude was a magician that went into film...and basically invented special effects.  One cannot claim to have a very complete film knowledge if they don't know Melies.  And this DVD set can probably just be called the essential Melies DVD.  

*Dangerous Crossing -and- Black Widow - These are two different films.  But Fox Film Noir is putting them out.  I don't really know anything about them, but they are probably classics of noir, and should probably be put on Netflix.

did I miss anything?

No comments: