Tuesday, January 3, 2012

high ambition

Hello out there!

If you can read this, it means you can read!

This year I have decided to try and tackle my piles of books (somewhere around 35) that i have not yet read. See, I'm great at buying books at things like Borders going out of business and library sales and such. But not so great at reading them, because I have been focusing all of my cultural energy on music consumption. So this year I am trying to make it a bit more even. And try to read all those books and see more movies. Also about movies, I got an awesome present which was a gift certificate for the Denver Film Society, more importantly to go toward a year long membership which will get me discounted tickets and some free screenings and stuff. So I have to make it worth the money by seeing a lot there. Plus it's that season when lots of great movies are out.

Why am I telling you this? Why are you wasting your reading abilities on this? I guess as a heads up for what I hope to do. Every movie I watch, book I read, and (new) album I listen to, I will try to write something about it here. See if I actually do it! Sometimes it will be my usual essay length thing talking about its merits, sometimes it will just be a couple sentences to recommend or non-recommend something. Who knows what it will be?

FYI I am about 2/3 of the way through my first book of the year, Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain. I will tell you about it soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: