Monday, February 4, 2008

tuesday tomorrow

yes, i shall discuss the marketplace of which i am not currently an active member!

MUSIC
Bob Mould - District LineBrendon Canty is on this one.
Hot Chip - Made in the DarkI do like them.  Eventually, if I keep hearing about this CD being great, I might get this.  Assuming I have a job by then.
Jason Collett - Here's to Being Here: Why is this not Broken Social Scene Presents? Is Kevin Drew the only one doing that?  Anyway, I hear it's a "guitar record" so that's pretty sweet.
Kool G Rap - Half a Klip: Who knows.
Lenny Kravitz - It Is Time for a Love Revolution: I'm not gonna get this, but it's still cool that he's back.
Nada Surf - Lucky: If I get any album tomorrow, it will be this one.  Based on the one song I've heard, it's more of Nada Surf being awesome.  
(of course, this is off Lucky, which you should purchase at your local record store or at barsuk.com)

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Calibration (is Pushing Luck and Key too Far): weird, so soon after the Mars Volta album.
They Might Be Giants - Here Come The 123sI do like them.  Very much.  But this would be much more suited for someone else.  Like my nephews, or my good friend who will be giving birth in May.  I didn't get ABCs, but maybe once my TMBG collection nears completion I will get this.


DVDs
2 Days in Paris: I always thought it looked too much like Before Sunrise/Before Sunset.  But now I might check it out to see for myself.
Across The Universe: I always wanted to see it more out of curiosity than anything else.  The first time I saw the trailer I thought it looked stupid, then thought it might look cool as it moved along.  That's what netflix is for, right?
The Aristocats: I liked this one when I was little.  Maybe my nephews would like it.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Rob Ford: I like the title.  People on Amazon like it.  Nick Cave did the soundtrack.  Sure, I'll netflix it!
Jean-Luc Godard Box Set: includes Passion, First Name: Carmen, The Detective, and Oh Woe Is Me.  These are some of his harder-to-find titles, I most definitely want this collection.  If it's really only 26.19 I just might have to get it now, rather than wait.  Score!
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection - Vol. 10.2includes Giant Gila Monster, Swamp Diamonds, Teenage Strangler, Giant Spider Invasion

Perfect Strangers: The Complete First And Second Seasons: wow, what a surprise!  I loved this show back in the day, and I've been waiting for it to come out on DVD ever since shows started coming out on DVD.  I'm a bit worried though, if I actually watch it again it'll probably tarnish my great memories of the show (i.e. it's probably not as great as I remember)


And that's all I know of.  Did I miss anything?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about Perfect Strangers - you'll definitely be glad you got it on DVD. I hadn't seen it in some ten years until I recently had a chance to watch some episodes, and the show remains as timelessly funny as ever. Enjoy it!!!