Thursday, January 31, 2008

I have seen the future.

This is just a small sample of the line yesterday morning at the Barack Obama rally.  Estimates on the news said 13,000 people were there.  Sounds about right.  The line wrapped around the block and around another block and on and on...

There were too many people to fit in the Magness auditorium.  So there was overflow into a gym.  And more overflow onto a lacrosse field outside (mind you, it is January and Denver).
People must've been dedicated, because they were there for the full speech.  I was in the gym.
Just based on that, things are looking good, for Colorado at least.  So many young people, so much passion and energy, just seeing such a huge crowd so enthusiastic about the political process, it's something I've never seen before.  Not that I'm old enough to know better.  But there was so much energy on that sidewalk, in that auditorium, on that lacrosse field.  I don't imagine Hilary could inspire so much excitement.  

And before he took the podium at Magness Auditorium, Mr. Obama took the time to talk to the crowd out on the lacrosse field (which must have had VERY minimal security), and then to us in the gym (which did have minimal security.  I didn't get patted down, go through a metal detector, or anything).  So I was very close to this man.  I saw him kiss a baby (of course all politicians have to do this) and pose with it for a picture while the mom took a picture with her camera phone.  He shook hands all over the place, and then spoke to us.  

And his speech...wow.  He was super eloquent and likable and inspiring.  This man can win.  He should win.

Nothing too obscure with this mp3 selection but they can't all be.

This track was taken off the album I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You, which can be purchased at amazon here.  It is also a Sam Cooke cover.

No comments: